Doctoral Student on psychological resilience on very old age
The NCCR LIVES aims at better understanding the phenomenon of vulnerability as well as the means to overcome it by adopting longitudinal and comparative approaches. The scope of this research centre is to stimulate interdisciplinary and international scientific publications and exchanges, and particularly to support younger scholars.
The new interdisciplinary study “SWISS100” aims at investigating vulnerability and resilience in centenarians, bringing together medical, psychiatric, biological, psychological, and sociological perspectives on very old age. Representing a collaboration between the University of Lausanne (NCCR LIVES), University of Geneva, the University hospitals CHUV and HUG, University of Zurich and SUPSI, SWISS100 will lead the first nation-wide centenarian study in Switzerland.
The Swiss National Centre of Competence in Research LIVES "Overcoming vulnerability: Life course perspectives" offers a doctoral student SNSF position on psychological resilience on very old age.
- Expected start date in position: 1.12.2019 or to be agreed
- Contract length: max 4 years
- Activity rate: 100 %
- Workplace: University of Lausanne, Géopolis
- Annual Gross Salary: 47’040.- (year 1) and CHF 50’040.- (year 3-4)
- Deadline : October 15, 2019
In your activities, you will have :
- To complete a Ph.D. thesis on the topic of psychological resilience and advance his/her scientific development in the area of research on the oldest old.
- To support the organization of the interdisciplinary project and exchange of the project partners
- To support the development of the study procedures and materials
- To contribute to the scientific output of the study in terms of written publications and presentations
Contact for further information
Please, send your full application in Word or PDF. Only applications through the UNIL website will be taken into account.
UNIL is committed to promoting gender equality and strongly encourages applications from female candidates.