Swiss Social Policy Dictionary
The NCCR LIVES furthers the publication of a new edition of the Dictionary of Swiss Social Policy in collaboration with the Swiss Association for Social Policy and the support of the Faculty of Social Work at the University of Applied Sciences and Arts Western Switzerland (HES-SO), and the School of Social Work at the University of Applied Sciences and Arts Northwestern Switzerland (FHNW). This new completely revised and newly conceptualized edition aims at:
- Creating a new reference tool in Swiss social policy for both the wider public and professionals, educators and students dealing with social policy issues
- Providing a comprehensive and authoritative overview on new developments in Swiss social policy based on concise and accessible entries penned by recognized experts from the field and research
- Shedding light on Switzerland’s complex federal welfare system assessing critically the turn towards activation
The NCCR LIVES KTT officer, as part of the editorial team including Jean-Michel Bonvin, Carlo Knöpfel, Valérie Hugentober, and Ueli Tecklenburg, leads the coordination and day-to-day operations for this new edition of the dictionary. Altogether 251 articles with each each between 5000 and 8000 characters (2-2.5 pages) will be published with Seismo in French and German in electronic and paper form. The book launch is planned for 28 October 2020 in Berne, following the annual congress of the Swiss Association for Social Policy (for registration please follow this link).
242 authors have contributed to this publication. Without their expertise and patience this new dictionary would not have been possible. The same holds true for the 21 members of the advisory board whose precious support was indispensable. They are all thanked!
Thanked are also the following institutions for their financial support:
- Anonymous foundation in Geneva
- Loterie romande
- Swiss Academy for the Humanities and the Social Sciences
- Swiss National Science Foundation
- Swiss Society for the Common Good
- Swisslos of the Swiss cantons of Aargau, Basel-Landschaft, Basel-Stadt and Solothurn
- VPS Verlag Personal und Sozialversicherung AG
For further information, please do not hesitate to get in contact with: