Equal Opportunity (EO) Measures
Although women have been gaining ground at LIVES, particularly as doctoral candidates, women remain underrepresented in the upper echelons of academia. This observation corroborates the results of larger-scale surveys undertaken at Swiss universities, particularly the University of Geneva and the University of Lausanne.
Since it was founded, support for women's careers has been a priority at NCCR LIVES, which puts forward and implements several measures for supporting equality:
- Ensure that recruitment complies with the Equality Directives and the Action Plans adopted by LIVES' host universities, (Lausanne and Geneva)
- Provide all senior employees the opportunity to participate in an equality awareness workshop.
- Encourage female employees (both junior and senior) to participate in at least one of the women's career promotion programmes available at the universities they are affiliated with.
- Inform all employees about the parenting support programmes made available to them by the host universities, the SNSF and the NCCR LIVES
- Include training on gender issues within the activities of the LIVES doctoral programme
Actions of LIVES Equality programme are offered to all members of the NCCR registered in NIRA (the NCCR Integrated Reporting Application of the SNSF), i.e. persons dedicating a minimum of 10% of their time to the NCCR, and all doctoral students of the Doctoral Programme. In case of doubt, please contact the Equality Officer to check if you are eligible.