The 6th International REIACTIS Conference
The 6th International REIACTIS Conference is organised by REIACTIS and the University of Lorraine.
In 2002, the United Nations (UN) adopted the slogan “Towards a society for all ages.” Almost 20 years later, and more than 70 years after the adoption of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, the attainment of an inclusive society is still a distant dream.
REIACTIS invites researchers in the humanities and social sciences, as well as policymakers and ordinary citizens, to meet on our international stage at Metz in order to imagine and debate what inclusive societies in an ageing world might look like.
To tackle these issues, the international conference proposes to focus on general conceptual contexts and three main themes. Proposals should select one of the following four options, although you are free to propose something different.
- Inclusive society: cross-cutting concepts and theoretical issues
- Theme 1: Inclusion and the life course
- Theme 2: Inclusive society and environmental perspectives
- Theme 3: Inclusive society, citizenship and social participation
The international conference is organized by REIACTIS and Lorraine University together with scientific networks and societies: CR6 of the International Association of Francophone Sociology, the RT7 of the French Association of Sociology (AF7), and the French Institute on Longevity of Ageing (ILVV).
- Proposals for papers are to be submitted on the REIACTIS website dedicated to the conference (www.reiactis.com) between 22 April and 6 July 2019.
- Proposals for individual papers should be no longer than 5,000 characters, including spaces.
- Proposals for the roundtable (3 to 4 speakers at most) should be no longer than 4,000 characters each, including spaces, and a summary of 2,000 characters, including spaces.
- Proposals for a poster should be no longer than 5,000 characters, including spaces.
- Assessment of proposals by the International Scientific Committee and responses to authors will be completed by 20 July 2019.
- A pre-programme of the conference will be available around 20 July 2019.
- Contact: email@example.com